Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Lens
September 19th, 2012
Canon recently updated their EF 24-70 f/2.8L lens which has been a go-to lens for many photographers for years. The new model shows a several upgrades and promises to cut down on chromatic aberration and increased durability. Canon added a Super UD lens element, and pair of standard UD elements to increase image fidelity as well as a new 9 blade diaphragm.
Canon also claims the new lens will have improved weather sealing, a fluorine coating on the front element as well as a zoom-lock lever to help protect the lens in transport.
Originally the lens was to be available in September for $2,299 but it looks like October is more realistic.
One surprise was that Canon did not add IS to this lens as many expected.
- Large f/2.8 Aperture Through Zoom Range
- UD Lenses Minimize Chromatic Aberrations
- Reduced Spherical Aberrations
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water
- 9-Blade Diaphragm For Beautiful Bokeh
- Lens Coatings Minimizes Ghosting
- Fluorine Coating Reduces Fingerprints
- Zoom Lock Lever For Safe Transporting